Day 2 learning challenges

6

Posted by mrscwiggs | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on March 23, 2020

Phew! No videos today šŸ˜€ but donā€™t worry, Iā€™ll be back….

Todays tasks are as follows. Donā€™t worry if you canā€™t complete them all, or if they are too hard, or too easy! Every little thing you do is a learning opportunity. If you can, continue to look onto numbots and phonics play. Use these links:

https://play.numbots.com/#/intro
https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/

For English:

How did you get on with your disgusting foodstuff? I hope it was really horrid! Today please can you think about the animals that might find and ignore the food, because it was too horrid. One is fine, two or three is great! Can you think about where they will find the food, and what might happen to it. Remember it has to link to the food. So if the food is slimy, itā€™s probably fallen in a pond! Who might find it in a pond? If it is dirty, it might have fallen in a hole…which animals live in a hole?

for Maths:

Some number work below, your grown up can copy them into your book, or you can as an extra challenge. Then your grown up could give you some more as a challenge. If they are easy, try the reasoning challenge below. If you email me the answers, Iā€™ll tell you if youā€™re right or wrong.

Top Tip – remember which number the crocodile eats! He is quite greedy!

And a final challenge…..

Can you find out what this animal is? Youā€™ll need to think carefully about how to describe him and then see if Google can help. If you can tell me what he eats, and how he eats it, you will get a house point!

As always, I am missing you and hope you are staying safe and well at home. Remember to work hard, and then enjoy some time doing new things.

Mrs Wiggs x

Comments (6)

The animal is a pangolin and they eat ants and termite species. They also eat larvae and insects.

Well done Jack, and everyone else who guessed correctly. My Alex thought their nickname was very cool – ā€œscaly anteaterā€ Their scales have keratin in them,like our hair!

Great ground pangolin. His body is covered in scales exept for belly inner limbs and underside of tail. His tongue is longer than his animal head and body, is coiled in his mouth. He eats ants and termites. Pangolins are found in Southeast Asia and subtropical Africa.

Well done Maggie, good researching. What would you eat if you had such a long tongue?!

Maggie said she would eat chips, sweets, and chocolate when mummy is not looking …

Iā€™d definitely nab a creme egg if no one was looking šŸ˜€

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar